A girl has got to have some treats in life, but filling in the 4pm energy slump with refined sugar and trans fats is a fast way to make yourself feel much worse later. Switching your sweet treats to a healthier version containing protein and super-foods is a great way to fill the gap without the crash. Try our protein rich but refined sugar, gluten and dairy free raw brownies and let us know if you notice the difference...
RAW CHOCOLATE BROWNIE RECIPE
- 1-2 cups Medjool dates (remove seeds). Adjust to the sweetness you like.
- 5 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1.5 cup Walnuts
- 1.5 cup Almonds
- 2-4 tbsp Raw Essence of Eden Coconut Oil - view here
- 1 tbsp of Raw Ecstasy Activated Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Dried Sour Cherries
- 2 tsp Cacao Nibs
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- dash of vanilla
- Put walnuts and almonds in a food processor and blend until all nuts are ground, but not quite as fine as a flour.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, almond butter and cacao powder. Blend again until all ingredients are combined. You can add any other powdered super-foods at this stage too.
- Add the dash of vanilla and then the dates, one at a time through the top of the blender whilst it is running. Add the coconut oil (how much depends on the consistency of the mixture- it should almost be like a dough), if it does not hold together well, add either more dates or coconut oil, depending on personal taste.
- Finally stir in the sour cherries, cacao nibs and any other super-foods if using.
- Press into a slice tin and to speed up the setting process pop in the freezer until solid.
- Dust with cacao powder and cut into squares to serve.
Mix up your recipe and add 1 or 2 extra super-foods. Below are a few our favorites at CONTENT:
Coconut chips, Hemp seeds, Chia seeds, Flax seeds, Goji Berries, Super Greens, Lucuma, Maca or Pumpkin seeds.
- We tend to keep these in the freezer, as they can get a bit crumbly when soft.
- If you don't have raw cacao powder you can sub for a good quality cocoa powder like Green & Blacks.
- You can also mix up the nuts a bit. We have also used Pecans and Brazil nuts which work great.
TRY THE RECIPE AND POST YOUR PHOTOS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE