"When it comes to skincare, you shouldn't have to sacrifice results for responsibility." - Ute Leube, Amala founder
It is a difficult task sourcing the brands we stock when ‘organic’ ranges are being launched daily. Sorting the real deal from the imposters is difficult with a myriad of different certification bodies, organic content and natural status. So when Amala launched last year in Barneys New York we were excited by their transparency, ethos, content and brand positioning. With our focus being results driven natural and organic skin care we are excited that there is a real contender able to prove that nature knows best in the face of mainstream skin care. Amala is one of the first brands to offer a view of the real future of natural skincare.
‘Amala believe nature provides us with everything we need to look and feel beautiful and healthy. In return, it's our responsibility to respect and nurture the earth. Rich in organic, whole plant nutrients, Amala skincare treatments are ethically grown, powerfully pure and proven effective.’
Just what we were looking for…..
What makes Amala different?
For us one of the key points that sets Amala apart from the rest was their commitment to ensure the products do what they state they do. Independent clinical testing iresults n the natural and organic skin care world are few and far between leaving this sector of the market lacking in proven products. Many we know improve our skin through use but with clinical testing being just another expense for small niche organic brands on top of the expense of certification, we can see why it is often given a back seat. Amala provides us with a range that offers high performance, style and luxury without sacrificing social and environmental responsibility.
Amala Key Points of Difference
- Proven effective. Amala formulas do what they say they do. They have third party clinical test results demonstrating high levels of efficacy.
- Certified natural and organic. Amala formulas are what they say they are. Certified by European authority, NaTrue, Amala skincare treatments contain the highest possible levels of natural and organic ingredients. Transparent about the percentages of natural and organic ingredients in each formula.
- Global fair trade farm network. Amala pay a fair price for superior plants and source them exclusively from our sustainable farm partners and trusted ingredient suppliers, with whom they have long-term relationships. Traceability of ingredients ensures the utmost purity and efficacy.
- Holistic philanthropy. Amala return 5% of their profits each year to global farm partners, reinvesting in their communities, organic agriculture and traditional ways of life.
- 100% natural origin. Formulas are free of synthetic ingredients, petrochemicals, parabens, genetically modified ingredients, sulfates, PEGs.
- Whole plants. While it is possible to isolate plant ingredients, Amala use only whole, un-isolated plant extracts to deliver the full spectrum of powerful skin benefits direct from nature.
- Custom distillation. Amala plant oils and extracts are distilled and extracted according to their specific needs and natural structures. They use ancient, artisanal Chinese water distillation techniques which deliver superior benefits for skin and senses.
- Emulsifiers. Amala use only food-grade emulsifiers, and are the first premium skincare to be formulated with organic emulsifiers. Their organic emulsifier is derived from local German organic milk, and is very soothing to the skin.
- Preservatives. Amala formulas don't contain synthetic preservatives. The products contain a proprietary blend of organic plants and compounds that have natural preservative abilities.
Split into 3 categories Amala organic skin care can be used as one system to match your skin type or mix and match as your skin changes with the season and general health. Add a hydration mask in winter, the rejuvenating serum at night or the hydrating cleanser as a make-up remover.
- Excess oil and shine in T zone; dryness on cheeks
- Large pores; clogged pores
- Dull skin tone; redness and irritation from breakouts
- First signs of aging
- Blue Lotus: nurtures skin with vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- White Clay: removes pore-clogging impurities and dead skin cells.
- Green Tea: helps prevent premature aging while soothing and fighting free radical damage
- Algae Extract: clarifies pores and helps reduce sebum production.
- Tiger Grass: helps promote cell renewal and smooth skin while soothing with anti-inflammatory properties.
- White Tea: helps soothe while preventing premature age damage with powerful antioxidants.
- Purifying Mattifier – incredible product for those that have oily skin or skin that tends to get shiny throughout the day. Prep skin first with the Purify Toner - packed full of Rice Germ which helps absorb excess oil and reduce the look of pores. Then prime the skin with the Mattifier – great as a base for your organic make up.
- Dull, dehydrated skin
- Dry, uneven texture; fine dry lines
- Uncomfortably taut skin
- Chapped, red, sensitive skin
- Puffiness around the eye area
- Jasmine: helps nourish, moisturize and soften dry skin, while providing antioxidant protection.
- Avocado: moisturizes with nourishing essential fatty acids.
- Eyebright: helps stimulate the release of trapped fluids to reduce puffiness.
- Wild Rose: helps promote cell renewal while protecting against environmental damage.
- Formulated with Amala's organic milk emulsifier.
- Hydrating Yoghurt Mask – this mask is quickly becoming an Amala cult favourite. as it’s perfect for pepping up skin after a long winter. Remove make up with the Hydrating Cream Cleanser and follow with Hydrating Toner containing jasmine which helps nourish, moisturise and soften dry skin. Follow with the mask which deeply moisturises while refining skin's texture for a silky soft, refreshed glow. This mask is so gentle it can be left on over night for very dry skin.
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Loss of firmness and youthful density
- Dry, taut, dehydrated skin
- Cocoa Bean: helps stimulate microcirculation while restoring elasticity and providing antioxidant protection from free radical age damage.
- Acai: rejuvenates and helps repair damage and protect skin from harmful free radicals.
- Cupuacu Butter: prevents moisture loss for superior softness and time released hydration.
- Green Algae: helps firm skin while smoothing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Acerola: contains the highest content of Vitamin C among all fruits. Also helps stimulate collagen production and reduce the look of hyper-pigmentation
- Rejuvenating Serum - packed full of Cocoa Bean which helps stimulate microcirculation while restoring elasticity and providing antioxidant protection from free radical age damage. This serum is helps stimulate collagen production with green algae and helps even out hyper-pigmentation with vitamin C. Light enough to be absorbed into skin right before bed this is one product we are not skipping in our regime no matter how tired we are at the end of the day!