National Chocolate Week is well underway and to celebrate we’ve compiled a list of our favourite places to get our fix when cravings strike. From our favourite cacao spiked cocktail to snacks and raw cakes, whilst the following options are mostly raw and refined sugar-free, we promise each and everyone is just as decadent and delicious (if you ask us, much more so) than their processed chocolate counterparts...
Cakes & Slices
- Raw Chocolate and Berry Tart: The most popular dessert at Wild Food Cafe and for good reason – this creamy melt-in-your-mouth tart melds a thick layer of chocolatey superfood goodness on a crust of organic almonds, figs, dates and coconut chips topped off with seasonal berry sauce. www.wildfoodcafe.com
- The ‘Mothercake’: A blend of cacao powder, cacao nibs, dates, ground almonds and coconut oils – My Prempy’s raw chocolate creations have become an office favourite here at Content HQ. Also worth trying is their hazelnutty ‘Hazlitt’ and chocolatey orange ‘Oh No’. You can find them at the Stoke Newington Farmers Market or www.mrprempys.com
- Fermented Mocha Cheesecake: No trip to Nama would be complete without one of their delectable raw desserts, and their fermented cheesecakes full of gut-loving probiotics are our favourite. Made using cashew cheese infused with a probiotic culture and combined with cacao, if you love cheesecake this chocolatey vegan variety will be right up your alley. www.namafoods.com
- Beetroot and Cacao Brownie: Here at Content we love sneaking veg into as many of our meals and snacks as possible which is why The Detox Kitchen’s Beetroot and Cacao Brownie is a firm favourite of ours and our go-to treat when out and about in central London. www.detoxkitchen.co.uk
Chocolate Cocktails, Mylks & Smoothies
- Medicinal Mushroom Hot Chocolate: As mentioned above, we love sneaking veggies into our day in as many forms as possible and though we’re accustomed to making our own version of this in the #ContentKitchen, when we’re on the go nothing beats this immune boosting pick-me-up. www.juicetonic.com
- Filthy Rich Superfood Cocktail: Who could possibly pass up a cocktail when it’s brimming with this many superfoods! Blending cacao powder with walnut infused ‘sacred’ vodka, fresh cherries, acai berry, vanilla bitters and maple syrup – yum! www.tanyascafe.com
- Smart Smoothie: We love this smoothie from Roots & Bulbs that makes for a great morning energizer. Featuring cacao powder blended with coconut water, banana, dates, coconut meat, walnuts, coffee beans and a shot of coffee – perfect for those days when you need a little help to get-up-and-go. www.rootsandbulbs.com
- Cacao Almond Milk: We love this flavour of The Pressery’s Almond Milk - lightly sweetened with vanilla and dates which makes for the perfect afternoon pick-me-up. We also love adding a dash of ours to porridge for a creamy chocolatey consistency. www.thepressery.com
- Chocolate Activated Almond Butter: A #ContentKitchen staple, Raw Ecstasy's Chocolate Activated Almond Butter makes a delicious addition to raw desserts or drizzled over our Maca Fruit & Nut loaf. Get it here.
- Sacred Raw Chocolate Hearts: We've already spoken of our love for sneaky vegetable laden desserts and this clever raw cacao creation from Sacred Raw is no exception. Featuring an array of medicinal mushrooms, these hand-made hearts are our after-dinner sweet tooth quencher. Try them here.
- Raw Cacao Macaroons: These delicious fudgey macroons from Raw Fairies are a must-add to your next nut mylk haul. Featuring nothing but organic raw coconut chips, raw cacao, coconut butter and organic maple syrup - they make for the perfect bite-sized treat! www.rawfairies.com
- Plant-based Chocolate flavoured protein powder: We love using plant-based chocolate protein powders to boost our smoothies, add to desserts or stir into chia porridge. Check out our favourites here and here.
- Punchfoods Raw Cocoa Boost: Combining organic raw cacao powder and cacao butter with coconut and a combination of organic seeds – we love ours by the handful when on-the-go or sprinkled over chia pudding and coconut yoghurt for some added crunch. www.punchfoods.com
- Sweet Virtues Chocolate Truffles: Featuring three flavours of superfood infused chocolate truffles; maqui to detox, chia seeds and lime to energise and baobab and vanilla to promote balance, these little balls of chocolatey goodness make the best of gifts (to yourself included). www.sweetvirtues.co.uk