To help you make the switch to organic beauty products and discover the best ones out there, we've rounded up some of our favourite natural beauty experts and asked to reveal the contents of their make-up bag as part of our 'Make-Up March' Series. If you live in London, we vouch for the ‘Detox you Make-up Bag’ consultations with our resident beauty experts too!
This time, it's the turn of Lina Hanson, founder of the eponymous natural beauty range. Hailing from Sweden but residing in Los Angeles, Lina is one of Hollywood’s top make-up artists and natural beauty experts, having worked with the likes of Naomi Watts and Natalie Portman. Read on to discover her organic make-up kit essentials...
- Travel Make-up Bag - The make-up bag is handmade by a Guatemalan handicraft producer and it’s made with recycled traditional Guatemalan textiles.
- Dr Hauschka Foundation - I was so excited to find this foundation. It feels more like a tinted moisturizer. I use it almost everyday. It has the perfect consistency, so light and creamy.
- Lina Hanson Global Baby Serum - My ultimate multi-use product! It's perfect when you need to give your skin a break from heavy scented products. I oil cleanse my face with it, (especially when I travel and my skin tends to get dry) and moisturise face and body. It's perfect for when you travel.
- Kjaer Weis Foundation - This is an amazing product that I love using on myself and on my clients. It's so buildable and creamy. I really recommend using it with the Global Face Serum. It makes the foundation go on so smooth!
- Vapour Organic Beauty Classic Multi-Use Blush - I love cream blushes and this is my favourite one by far. I dab a little on the apples of my cheeks, and it instantly gives a nice glow.
- ILIA Beauty Lip Crayons - Obsessed with these lip crayons. They are matte, yet creamy which I love, and come in beautiful shades.
- Lina Hanson Global Face Serum - I might be biased but I don't go a day without using this serum. I apply it in the morning before makeup and it instantly wakes up my skin. I apply it in the evening and I wake up with soft and smooth skin the next morning.
- Kjaer Weis Mascara - This mascara is great because it doesn't clump. It also creates length and adds volume to the lashes.
- EcoTools Brushes - I love that these brushes are cruelty-free! They're so soft and makes makeup application easy and effortless.
- Dr Bach Flower Essences - I love flower essences and have several different kinds and try to take them regularly. I especially love them when I travel. Right now I'm taking 'Elm'. This one calms me down when I’m stressed or overwhelmed.
- Satori Perfume - I wear this perfume everyday and I have it with me throughout the day to reapply whenever I need a little boost! It smells so good and has so many aromatic benefits. It just makes me happy! (stand-by beauties for a gift with purchase of a sample of this perfume on the Lina Hanson products)
We also asked Lina a few questions about her beauty favourites....
- Your favourite product / colour for spring is... I love purple for spring! Right now I'm really liking the Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow in Aubergine.
- Every award season your Global Face Serum is used on the skin of A-listers. Why do you think it is such a popular product for prepping skin? Do you have a tips on how to use it? It smells incredible and is so uplifting and is the perfect mood booster (perfect before heading out on the red carpet)! The serum absorbs into the skin so quickly, but leaves a beautiful glow from within. It also makes blending foundation so much smoother. As a tip, I like to dab a pump onto entire face and wait a minutre or two until I start applying make-up. For added sheen, dab some serum to the cheekbones.
- We love the combination of ingredients in your products - what is the story behind naming them 'GLOBAL'? The global aspect is what our brand is based on. Not only do we travel around the world in search of the best quality ingredients from fair-trade and ethically harvested producers (whenever possible), but we also believe in Global Beauty. The main reason we call it GLOBAL Beauty is because we challenge the notion that there is a definition on beauty. We believe we are all equal and beautiful no matter our background, ethnicity, social class or age. Our products also work for all skin-types.
- You have just launched a new perfume, which is very exciting. Can you describe it and the inspiration behind it? My travels to South East Asia inspired me to create Satori. The people are always so happy there! The nature is absolutely stunning and the ingredients used there are so special. I was inspired to create a scent that would be an uplifting, happy and invigorating scent that would transport you to the most remote areas just by smelling it. It's soft, yet spicy. It layers perfectly with the Global Body Serum as well! It’s such a unique and special scent.