Switching your make-up bag to organic beauty products is best done with the help of an expert (calling by the store for a 'Detox you Make-up Bag' consultation is the best way!), but for those who aren't London based we have called in help from a few of our favourite make-up artists - who spill the contents of their make-up bags so you can have a peek.
First up Louise Darftord, one of the first organic make-up artists in the UK and the host of our Organic Make-Up Masterclasses. Louise is specialised in make up for fashion and music, as well as being a prolific beauty writer and blogger. Louise was recently voted into the Natural Beauty Yearbook's Top 25 most influential personalities of 2014.
So, we asked Louise to share the contents of her beauty bag with us. Read on for her organic make-up kit essentials...
- Jane Iredale Bitty Brow Kit - I can’t go out without putting my eyebrows on, this little kit is perfect for defining and grooming them.
- rms beauty Volumizing mascara - My favourite natural mascara to date, it really boosts my lashes, making them look fuller and longer.
- rms beauty 'Un' Cover-Up - This heals and covers at the same time so great for blemishes, it also works well under the eyes to disguise tiredness.
- rms beauty Living Luminzer - This product is my saviour at the moment, it nourishes skin while adding radiance and a lovely natural glow. If your skin is lacking oomph, dab some of this onto cheekbones, browbones, eyelids – anywhere that needs a little lift!
- W3LL PEOPLE Altruist Mineral Foundation - I was never a powder foundation fan until this one came along. The organic aloe helps look after skin but also gives the powder a creamy feel and a lovely finish to the skin. Use with a big fluffy brush for a lightweight coverage or with a denser kabuki brush if you want more.
- Tata Harper Volumizing Lip and Cheek Colour in Very Charming - I love cream blushers and think that every make-up bag should have at least one. They are so easy to use and brighten your face in an instant. This is a fresh pink to add a youthful glow, it also doubles up as a great lip colour and has anti-ageing properties too!
- ILIA Lip Conditioner - I flit between Bang Bang and Jump for a pop of colour to lift my complexion. Wear it as sheer as you like or layer it for more intensity.
- Vapour Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation - I love the finish of this foundation, it evens skin out without being heavy, just leaves it brighter and smoother. I sometimes set it with a dusting of the W3LL PEOPLE Altruist for a long lasting flawless finish.