The Summer countdown is on! This means we’re in full body-skin-prep-mode at #ContentHQ. Luckily, we’ve got a few tricks up our sleeves for smooth and soft skin all over, so we can be ready to rock those sleeveless and tights-less outfits as the mercury rises.
For starters, we’re devotees of the dry body brushing technique, which you can ‘brush up’ on here. Then, we’re exfoliating and buffing away dead skin cells with our favourite organic body scrubs. Whilst we love potent natural and organic formulations which are good for skin, we also like to think about the environment and ensure that the products we use as free from 'microplastics' - the little exfoliating beads used in many mainstream scrubs. It has been found that these tiny microplastic particles are more harmful than they look, causing pollution concerns, as they slip through wastewater treatment plant filtering systems and ending up in oceans and rivers. What’s more, studies show that once organisms low in the food chain have occidentally ingested these tiny particles they can eventually end up in the fish we eat!
While the problem certainly needs addressing on a large scale, we’re willing and eager to make a difference by sticking to our organic and natural alternatives, which are biodegradable and free from plastic particles. If you are too, check out our top natural beauty alternatives for smooth body skin:
- Tata Harper Smoothing Body Scrub: This new launch contains a multi-particle polishing complex like no other we have used. In this glorious tub are five biodegradable exfoliants - Pink Himalayan and Hawaiian Sea Salts, Cranberry Fibres, Apricot Seed Powder and Organic Sugar to buff your skin smooth. We love the inclusion of nourishing Argan Oil to condition and hydrate. Healthy glow guaranteed!
- Grown Alchemist Purifying Body Exfoliant: We’re hardcore fans of Grown’s botanical goodies, as well as their minimalist, award-winning packaging and this body scrub ticks all the right boxes. The exfoliating action comes from Pearl’s Aragonite and Conchiolin. We love the scent which is a blend of Peppermint and Ylang Ylang that has a revitalising effect on skin and senses!
- Nathalie Bond Body Scrubs: We’re partial to home-grown natural beauty products. Enter the Nathalie Bond Organics Body Scrubs: currently we’re hooked on the clean green scent of the Peppermint & Eucalyptus Body Scrub, but the Ylang Ylang and Bergamot Body Scrub is next on the list. Both are made from fair-trade organic sugar, which provides the natural exfoliating action. Meanwhile, the Jojoba Oil and Coconut soften and nourish skin – without leaving it too oily.
- Therapie Awaken Skin Rehab Scrub: We love mixing up this powdered natural body scrub into a scrub in the shower. The ingredients are a real treat for skin: the Mother of Pearl is polishing, the Zeolite Clay draws out toxins and the Green Bamboo softens the skin. Rub it onto the skin to boost circulation and breathe in the wonderfully relaxing scent, then rinse well.
- Weleda Birch Body Scrub: Made with natural plant-wax pearls, not only is it kind to the environment, but it’s a naturally detoxifying treatment for skin too thanks to the organic and bio-dynamically grown Birch Leaf Extract. While the plant-wax buff dead skin cells, the natural plant oils soothe and moisturise. We’re fans of its uplifting, woody aromatherapeutic scent too.