Are you running the London Marathon this year? Bravo, we’re rooting for you! With the eagerly anticipated event just around the corner, the countdown is now on. So, we thought we would share a selection of our favourite organic and natural skincare favourites and wholefoods supplements to support you in your final days of training and to assist you in the recovery process.
Whether you’re a marathon-running or sports-loving #naturalbeauty, these natural supplements and beauty lotions will help boost your fitness performance and soothe your sore muscles post-workout...
INTERNAL: WHOLEFOODS AND SUPPLEMENTS
- Four Sigma Foods Sport Herbs: We love this as an all-natural, pre-workout booster! A fine powder containing the energy-boosting adaptogenic herbs Goji berries, Schisandra, Rodiola Eleuthero, we add it to our water bottle 30 minutes before a workout or drink it during to increase our stamina and strength. Other benefits include fat-burning, balancing the nervous system and preventing exhaustion. We recommend you start with one sachet per day and adjust according to your needs ongoing.
- Four Sigma Foods Instant Cordyceps: Are your energy levels a little low? Keep these sachets to hand and enjoy a cuppa in the morning or as an afternoon pick-me-up. Alternatively, mix with water and consume during your workout. Studies have shown that the Cordyceps mushroom increases your maximal oxygen consumption between 9 and 15% - thus, boosting energy levels and speeding up recovery. No wonder it’s a favourite of Olympic athletes!
- Sun Warrior Warrior Blend: A favourite of one a-many fitness fans and healthy foodies including us (we’re never without), this vegan and natural protein powder has amassed a cult following thanks to its powerful mix of plant-based proteins and amino-acids. And of course - it tastes delicious! We like both the Chocolate and Vanilla variants. Add a scoop to your favourite smoothie to feel the benefits, ranging from metabolism increase, improved mental clarity and promoting healthy kidney and liver functions.
TOPICAL: BEAUTY RECOVERY AIDS
- Weleda Massage Balm with Arnica: Is there anything better than a warm bath or shower after your workout? Yes- treat yourself to this wonderful aromatic liquid! Massage into warm and damp skin post-bath to soothe sore muscles and help relieve any muscular pain and stiffness. Made from uplifting therapeutic plant extracts of Arnica flowers, Birch leaves, Lavender Oil and Rosemary Oil, it will restore both physically and mentally!
- Therapieby Roques O’Neil Himalayan Detox Salts: These therapeutic bath salts have been lovingly dubbed by us a ‘miracle bath brew’! We love to soak ourselves in a warm bath with a handful of these detoxing salts dissolved in it to relieve muscle pain and dissolve any physical tension, as well as cleansing any lingering emotional toxins. We’re fans of the inclusion of Himalayan Pink Mineral Salts and powdered Amethyst, alongside vibrant Lavender and Patchouli, which render this bathing ritual even more soothing and luxurious.
- Therapie by Roques O’Neil Comfort Warming Rub: Whether you’re soothing away muscular tension or healing a chesty cough and blocked sinuses, apply this aromatic rub onto achy muscles, chest and neck to feel instantly comforted. It’s also a great protector against microbes when travelling and a third-eye opening aid to apply before yoga or meditation. We credit key ingredients like Blackseed, Arnica, Rosemary and Tangerine for its restorative and breathing enhancing powers. If you're a gym regular, you'll want to add this to your kit now.
- Therapie by Roques O’Neil Protect Bath and Shower Essence: Feeling a little run-down or pushed yourself too hard lately? Try this powerfully restoring blend of immunity-boosting essential oils including Lemon myrtle, Eucalyptus, Fragonia and Thyme, anti-viral, antiseptic and anti-fungal immunity boosting and help ward off cold and inflammations. Pour into your bath and soak for fifteen minutes or use it as a body oil, by rubbing on warm skin after your shower. Inhale the uplifting aroma and feel instantly regenerated!
- Ambre Botanicals Rosemary, Thyme and Mint Invigorating Bath Oil: We’ll admit, we have a soft spot for the apothecary-like beautiful packaging to begin with, but what’s inside is a favourite of ours too! This bath oil is filled with the invigorating blend of thyme, mint and rosemary essential oils to relieve physical and mental tiredness, as well as improving breathing problems. Meanwhile the Safflower, Macadamia and Castor Oils help soften the skin. Result? Uplifting bliss.