Although we've been told that strong eyes and lips together are a beauty faux-pas, we beg to differ: when done right, this look is modern and cool. Trust natural make-up maestro Kjaer Weis to show us how it's done with a strong, 'editorial' look featuring a smouldering cat eye and pink lip. Read the tutorial below to #GetTheLook and join us in celebrating the exuberance of Spring!
What you’ll need:
- Kjaer Weis Foundation in Paper Thin
- Kjaer Weis Angle Brush
- Kjaer Weis Radiance Highlighter
- Kjaer Weis Eye shadow in Onyx and Wisdom
- Kjaer Weis Lip Tint in Rapture
- Kjaer Weis Lip Brush
What to do:
- Even out skin tone by applying the Paper Thin Foundation.
- Keep brows clear. You can use an an old mascara wand to groom them.
- Dust the Wisdom Shadow from the lash line to the brow bone.
- Mist some water on the Angle Brush from a distance to intensify the colour of the eye shadow and use it as an eye liner.
- Using the Angle Brush and Eye shadow in Onyx, form a cat eye from the inner corner and wing it just outside the outer corner of the eye. Keep it quite thick and define the crease of the eye. If you don't have a steady hand, you can use an eye pencil to trace dots and line over them afterwards.
- Add mascara if desired.
- Lightly contour the Abundance Cream Blush just below the cheekbones.
- For a light reflecting glow, pat the Radiance Highlighter along the cheekbones.
- Apply the Lip Tint in Rapture - a bright, blue-based pink using the Lip Brush. Layer to intensify the colour.