Whilst we all love a good old-fashioned Eggnog, we also like to mix it up from time to time with a healthy alternative that is just as, if not more delicious (we promise!) than the egg and dairy variety. Featuring creamy homemade almond milk, a mixture of festive spices and the special addition of Orange Blossom Aromatic Water, our botanical spiked Vegan Egg-less-Nog is sure to be a winner at any of your festive do’s.
Equipment you’ll need
- A high power blender
- Serving Glasses
- Cinnamon Sticks
- 1.5 cups organic raw almonds
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon coconut syrup (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon organic nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of Orange Blossom Aromatic Water
- Optional – shavings of orange peel
- Soak almonds (or nut of choice) for a minimum of 2 hours. We like to do it overnight.
- Strain and add the almonds with the water to your blender (we use a Vitamix for speed) and blend until you achieve a milky consistency. Strain using a nut bag and return the ‘milk’ to the blender.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Blend - if using a high speed you can blend until warm or blend and pop it on the stove to warm gently.
- Serve up lightly dusted with cinnamon, garnish with a cinnamon stick and a sprinkling of finely shredded orange peel.