Livia's Kitchen Raw Chocolate Brownies
These raw brownies are perfectly gooey and indulgent. They take hardly any time at all to make, and contain such simple ingredients! The hazelnuts, like most other nuts, are rich in protein and essential fatty acids, and they give the brownie a ‘Nutella’ flavour. The soft medjool dates in this recipe make the brownies perfectly sweet and gooey. Raw cacao powder is known as a ‘superfood’ since it is very rich in antioxidants. It is not often you eat something tasting this delicious that can also offer so many nutritional benefits. You are going to love this!Ingredients (Makes approx. 10-12 brownies) Brownie ingredients
- 200g raw hazelnuts whizzed into a flour
- 100g raw hazelnuts to pulse in at the end
- 300g soft medjool dates
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons slightly melted raw coconut oil
- Whizz the first 200g of raw hazelnuts in a food processor until a fine, flour like substance is formed.
- Add in all other brownie ingredients, except for the remaining hazelnuts. Process until the mixture is smooth, well mixed and sticky.
- Add in the remaining hazelnuts and process until the nuts have been broken down into small pieces. You want to be able to still see small pieces of nut.
- Place this mix into a brownie tin and smooth the mix out across the tin so that it is appox. 1cm thick.
- Mix all frosting ingredients in a food processor until the mix is well mixed, smooth and creamy. Ensure that there are no chunks of avocado left!
- Spoon the frosting over the brownie evenly.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!