Crash diets are often undertaken as a quick-fix solution for achieving that much sought after beach-body - however with healthy holidays on the rise, now you can work it while you holiday. A healthy break abroad is the perfect time to take charge, break bad habits and turn that Summer time shape into your everyday hourglass so that looking healthy and feeling well lasts for more than just a few weeks a year.
So where to start with your healthy holiday? We chatted to Wellbeing Escapes about their favourite yoga-centric retreats to get you glowing from within:
- The Standard, Miami – Offering a cool combination of traditional and modern therapies along with a host of classes aimed at both beginners and advanced yogis, The Standard, Miami is one of our all-time favourites. If you’re a morning person then Sunrise yoga sessions are guaranteed to fill you with vitality and kick start your day, or if you’re more of a night owl softer candlelight classes with a restorative approach will help you find your very own ‘sunshine state’. Combined with the warm Florida weather by the funky South Beach, The Standard Miami is a chic but relaxed yoga break where you can eat cleanly or indulge in some bubbly, because their approach is about giving you the choice.
- Shanti-Som, Spain – This 7 day yoga retreat is perfect for anyone looking to recharge their batteries and reset their system. The intimate surroundings around the 14-bedroom Shanti-Som include an outdoor yoga pavilion and access to a nature reserve tailored to help you take a break from everyday stress and reconnect with your inner self. The varied yoga practices and teacher expertise ensures that Shanti-Som is the closest you can get to the authentic Asian experience without the long haul flight.
- Split Farthing Hall, Yorkshire – A great value weekend option in rural Yorkshire, through a combination of treatments and therapies this programme works on your wellbeing as well as your waistline. The raw food provided cleanses your body and soul whilst daily yoga classes help stretch and restore self confidence and positive vibes. There are also daily meditation sessions to help tie everything together, leaving you with an afterglow and general health boost to get you on the path to a calmer way of life.
- Absolute Sanctuary, Thailand – Yoga is the name of the game in Thailand and Absolute Sanctuary is no exception. With a combination of private consultations, intensive individual yoga classes and complimentary group sessions held across three different studios (including challenging hot yoga classes!), this really is the perfect yogi-centric getaway. The experts at Absolute Sanctuary offer an unparalleled insight into the skills and techniques that hold the key to maintaining a happier healthier you. Don’t miss their new Pilates Reformers either!
- Vana, India –Vana boasts the kind of setting championed by The Beatles – this area of India is the very birth place of yoga. This brand new contemporary resort offers the seclusion required to help re-root and rebalance along with state of the art luxury studios to help you get the most out of your stay. With scheduled treatments between yoga classes including Tibetan massages and a fragrant herbal poultice, Vana inspires the ultimate in inner-calm and enlightened peace of mind.