When it comes to make-up, a red natural lipstick is non-negotiable. After all, it’s the beauty equivalent of the LBD: there is one for every occasion and a version to suit everyone. As organic make-up obsessives, we’re all for the power of a red lip at any time of year. Read our guide to find the perfect hue for you and tips on how to wear it.
Sheer Reds - Not everyone is a lipstick fanatic. Well our theory is: not yet! Are you afraid of wearing too much pigment? Or perhaps you’re looking for a lighter more modern iteration to a classic red lip? These are the best “gateway reds”.
- Ilia Beauty Bang Bang Red Lip Conditioner: It’s the perfect sheer red – a good one for people who are shy of brights. What we love about it is that as your colour confidence grows you can build more intensity. It's naturally versatile!
- W3LL People Nudist in 03 Cherry: It’s the love child of lipstick and lip balm – a sheer tint of Cherry red, with a high shine gloss. A daytime favourite at Content.
- Rms Beauty Lip2Cheek in Beloved: A true red with a hint of poppy. It's beautifully pigmented, to stain the lip. This means: watch out if wearing white, but the big perk: it’s smooch-proof.
True Reds - Imagine the red lipstick shades worn by on-screen sirens like Lauren Bacall and Sophia Loren. These are the true red hues that pack a punch and turn heads. Wear with your head held high and confidence in your stride.
- Absolution Rouge Theatre Organic Lipstick: Dresses up your lips with beautiful intense colour and semi-matte finish that doesn’t dry them out. It’s a deep theatre red for drama.
- Vapour's Siren Lipstick in Tryst: Not only does it smell and taste delicious thanks to natural skincare ingredients like pomegranate, but it also keeps lips hydrated with Jojoba oil and coats them in a neutral red – not too pink, not too blue or orange. Just right - this is the perfect neutral red lipstick.
- Studio 78 Let's Get Married Liquid Lip Stick Colour - 05 Ruby Wedding: A “French Red” with a high gloss finish. Thanks to the sponge applicator pen, it’s easy-to-apply liquid, practical and precise.
Dark Reds - Lady is a vamp? Look no further than these deep reds in modern natural formulas that don’t dry out lips.
- Absolution Rouge Bordeaux Organic Lipstick: Intense and fascinating, it’s sublime alliance of red wine and aubergine. This hydrating formula contains apricot kernel and sweet almond oil, so doesn’t dry out lips.
- Ilia Beauty Strike it Up Lipstick: This is Ilia’s most classic true red to date, with blue undertones. It instantly adds impact to any look – so keep the rest of your face as bare as possible and let Ilia strike up the conversation!
- Kjaer Weis Lip Tint in Goddess: If you like dark colours but don’t want to go too intense, pat this rich burgundy red on lips. As it’s a sheer tint, it looks great paired with smokey eyes and is universally flattering on all skin tones.