We love Laura Coxeter’s super-healthy take on a Chocolate Ganache Tart – brimming with raw plant based ingredients, healthy fats, natural sugar and pure essential oil – this luxurious treat feels like an opulent indulgence – without the dreaded sugar hangover that usually follows suit.
Laura Coxeter's Raw Chocolate Ganache Tart
For the base
- 300g pecans or almonds
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt, or any other good-quality salt
- 200g medjool dates
For the filling
- 4 medium sized ripe avocados
- 150g virgin coconut oil
- 2 vanilla pods, seeds only
- 200g raw cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 300g coconut blossom sugar or some honey or agave nectar to taste
- 5-10 drops of either Rose Otto or Sweet Orange essential oils – both work well with this recipe.
- Rose petals
- Dried or fresh orange slices
- In a food processor, blend the pecans or almonds (if possible, soak them for around 6 hours and then dehydrate them first. The soaking releases the enzyme inhibitors and makes them easier to digest.) Add the salt and medjool dates and blend until you have a ‘dough’, or until the mix forms a ball.
- Press this mixture into the bottom of a tart dish. Cover and leave to harden in the freezer until you are ready to pour on the filling. I like to use a silicone mould. They are freezer safe and easy to get the tart out once it has set.
- For the filling, blend everything together until smooth, then pour onto the base. * If you aren't using a high powered blender, you might like to melt the coconut oil over a bain- marie first, or simply stand the jar in a bowl or pan of boiling water, until liquid.
- Set in the freezer for 1 hour, then it should be firm enough to slice up. Top with whatever takes your fancy and looks pretty! Some ideas are fresh berries, edible flowers, a dusting of cacao powder and either rose petals of fresh or dried orange slices depending on your choice of essential oil.
- Ensure you use Organic essential oils as there are no chemicals used in the distillation process, therefore they are safe to consume.
TRY THE RECIPE AND POST YOUR PHOTOS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE