For a hit of #skinloving healthy fats and plant protein, this salad by Deliciously Ella created for the launch menu of Raw Press is a great dish to mix up when in a pinch for something tasty or short on time. Enjoy alongside a main meal or pack and carry for when you are on the go. If, like us, you can’t possibly wait for Raw Press’ opening on August 11th to try it out or if you live outside of London - make up a batch today - your body and skin will thank you for it. We'll leave it to Ella to explain the rest…
This is an awesome new salad, which I designed exclusively for Raw Press. It's the perfect summer dish as it’s light, yet still very satisfying and it tastes wonderful. It’s filled with fluffy quinoa, roasted hazelnuts, refreshing slices of cucumber and sweet pomegranate seeds, which are then tossed in a simple lemon and argan oil dressing to create something incredibly delicious. Each bite of this salad will fill you with an amazing combination of plant protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals, so you’ll feel energised all day!
- 50g of blanched hazelnuts
- 50g of mixed red and white quinoa (cooked with 180ml boiling water)
- 100g of cucumber
- 50g of pomegranate
- 1/2 a lemon (90g)
- 2 tablespoons of argan oil
- salt and pepper
- Place the quinoa and boiling water in a saucepan with the lemon juice and a little salt, then allow it to boil for about 12 minutes until all of the water has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks place the hazelnuts on a baking tray and place it in a 200C oven for 8-10 minutes, until they’re nice and crunchy.
- Chop the cucumber into quarters, then into eighths. Scoop out the seeds and then slice the eighths into thin pieces.
- Allow the quinoa and hazelnuts to cool once they’ve cooked, then stir in the argan oil, pomegranates, chopped cucumber, salt and pepper.