For the perfect hydrating iced tea recipe, we like to use the Lemon Detox Tea by Solaris - great mid-afternoon for an extra boost of energy and to refresh and cleanse – the herbs have been formulated to stimulate the organic of elimination using herbs traditionally used to detoxify the body.
CONTENT'S SUMMER 2012 ICED TEA RECIPE:
- 1 x Solaris Lemon Detox Tea teabag
- 1-2 slices of an organic lemon
- 1-3 slices of ginger (depending on taste)
- 3-4 mint/black pepper-mint leaves
- 1-2 slices of cucumber
Boil the kettle, leave to cool for a few minutes than pour over teabag in bottle (suitable for freezing)
Add all the ingredients to the bottle and leave to cool. Once cooled, remove teabag and put in freezer until ice cold. Remove from freezer, add more ice if needed and enjoy!
TIPS FOR PERFECT TEA:
The Lemon Detox Tea is part of the Solaris Botanical Detox Tea Kit available here.
If you like your tea a little stronger leave the tea bag in for slightly longer.
Why you should mix it up....
- Ginger - traditionally used by Chinese herbalists to help treat colds and digestive problems, we like to use Ginger to help upset stomachs, to aid digestion, relieve nausea, treat motion sickness, and as a tea to ease headaches and sore throats.
- Mint - great for helping to soothe the digestive tract and reduce the severity of stomach aches. Mint and can also help to ease the discomfort associated with IBS.
- Cucumber - with 96% water content, Cucumber is perfect for keeping the body hydrated and regulating body temperature, whilst also helping to flush out unwanted toxins.
TRY THE RECIPE AND POST YOUR PHOTOS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE