As we peel off the layers of winter clothing, we do the same with skin, come Spring. So we've rounded a selection of our favourite natural beauty treatment products to rejuvenate and 'brighten' skin for the warmer months. Get ready, glow!
For radiant skin, exfoliation is a must! Buff away dead skin cells with one of these products, to allow new healthy skin cells to shine through. One of our favourite tricks is to follow with a nourishing and hydrating face mask - the exfoliation prior allows the mask to work its 'magic' better.
- De Mamiel Brightening Cleanser and Exfoliate: Mix this powder formula with water until blended to a soft mousse consistency, then gently massage into skin, to reveal brighter and smoother complexion. It contains key natural ingredients like Vitamin C, Gemstone, Ginseng, Raw Cacao Powder and Pearl Powders and take it from us - smells divine!
- Skin & Tonic Gentle Scrub: We're fans of this gently detoxifying scrub, made with oat, rosehip and french pink clay. Can be used both as a scrub and face mask and will leave your skin feeling smoother and softer.
- Nourish Enzymatic Exfoliating Face Cleanser: Ever the multi-tasker? Try this treatment, which is a cleanser, mask and facial, all-in-one. We like the mix of exfoliating pomegranate enzymes and nourishing kale extract, as it instantly rejuvenates skin and helps protect skin against environmental stress.
- May Lindstrom The Clean Dirt: Especially advised before applying masks for the product to sink in. We like using this energizing blend of cleansing clays, warming spices and healing salts, to draw out impurities and encourage cellular rejuvenation. Pour a teaspoon in the palm of your hand and add water to turn it into a mousse, before applying it on your face and buffing your skin clean.
For Sensitive Skin:
If you are prone to sensitivities, avoid sand-like exfoliating textures. We suggest you stick to these gentle formulas:
- Pai Skincare Kukui and Jojoba Skin Brightening Exfoliator: Ideal for sensitive and problem skin, including skin prone to acne, redness and eczema. The jojoba beads provide a natural and super gentle buffing action, while the Hawaiian Kukui Oil - a unique blend of Omega 3 & 6 - nourishes the skin and protects its moisture barrier. Win-win.
- Intelligent Nutrients Plant Stem Cell Refining Micro Polish: Reveal vibrant skin with this invigorating, perfecting polish. It cleanses with the exfoliating action of micro Jojoba beads, then soothes and improves cellular renewal with red algae and marine sugar algae complex. You can also use it weekly as a face mask for a more intense treatment.
If your prefer an enzyme mask exfoliation try a brightening version for a 'scrub-free' exfoliation. We're loving these...
- Oskia Renaissance Mask: This delicious-looking mask (it's pink!) was designed to increase cell turnover and boost radiance, thanks to powerful anti-ageing and brightening ingredients, including Passionfruit AHA's, Papaya Enzymes, Swiss Garden Cress Liposomes and Ribose. Massage into skin until it turns white and leave on for ten minutes to let it magic you skin to a healthy glow.
- Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask: This beautiful face mask deeply cleanses skin and helps improve its appearance by eliminating dull and blemished skin cells, absorbing dirt and toxins and exfoliating, thanks to pomegranate enzymes, Pink French Clay and White Willow extract. Smells delicious too!
- Amala Intensive Brightening Mask: If uneven skin tone is a problem, try this rich and creamy mask. Containing a potent cocktail of bio-botanical actives derived from Narcissus, Red Currant and Calendula, it targets dark spots and discolouration and acne scars, perking up skin and restoring its natural glow.