Lips looking a little worse for wear? It’s only normal at this time of year. Lucky for you, we have a selection of lip-smackingly good lip balms and lip exfoliators to help you restore and soothe lips. Whether you’re looking for something to combat occasional dryness, soothe sensitivity or prevent the early signs of ageing, our #GreenBeauty guide to banishing dry lips will help you choose the best balm for you..
Exfoliators... Often overlooked, but if you really think about it, you dedicate time each week to exfoliating your face and body, so why miss out your lips? We have two dedicated lip exfoliators that we love:
- Ilia Balmy Nights: Steering clear of the synthetic beads that conventional exfoliators contain, Ilia Balmy Nights utilises granules of volcanic stone powder in a handy balm stick making it easy to simply rub over lips and buff off.
- Suki Skincare Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser: This clever mini sized version of their best-selling Exfoliating Foaming Cleanser features lemongrass extract and natural sugar to gently exfoliate and smooth lips. It gets rid of dry and flaky skin, without stripping lips of their natural moisture and as a bonus, tastes amazing too.
For Perpetual Dryness... For those with dry lips, having to constantly apply lip balm throughout the day can become a compulsion - try these:
- Nuori Lip Treat: Firstly, the gorgeous minimalist packaging means that we're more inclined to admire it or show it off, thus applying more often than we should throughout the day. Secondly, it has some of our favourite nourishing winter ingredients like berry, beeswax, sweet almond and apricot oils, avocado, shea butter and cocoa butter to keep lips soft and protected. Win-win.
- Twelve Beauty Hyaluroil Lip Treatment is a botanical powerhouse which acts fact. It's infused with encapsulated hyaluronic acid and vitamin E, leaving lips plumped, elastic and hydrated. We love the formula, it's somewhat between a gloss and an oil: but not too runny, dense, or gloopy - it feels just right.
- Ilia Balmy Days: Full of organic goodness, this dryness combating balm is the perfect any-time pick-me-up for your lips. Use alongside Ilia Balmy Nights for the ultimate lip treatment or under one of the Ilia lip colours.
- De Mamiel Rose Lip Balm: Our favourite flavoured balm, this subtly sweet, silky balm combines some of our favourite seed and flower oils to restore and hydrate lackluster lips. Featuring an array of nutritiously nourishing #SkinFoods such as Manuka Honey and the uniquely hydrating properties of Monoi Oil makes this little jar of goodness any #GreenBeauty’s handbag must-have and highly addictive.
- Ren Vita Mineral Lip Balm: A rich and replenishing balm formulated to restore elasticity and softness to sore, dry lips – this mineral rich lip saviour features anti-bacterial rich Acacia Honey and antioxidant rich Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter. This is one of our favourites for the handy squeezable tube and easy to use applicator.
The Best in Anti-Ageing… Most people won't go without an eye cream, but totally overlook the area around their lips which can be almost as prone to fine lines as eyes. Add these to your beauty regime:
- Tata Harper Be True Line Reducing Lip Treatment: Helping to reduce the signs of ageing, this sheer lip plumping treatment contains two of the best natural anti-ageing ingredients from the skincare line. A treat for lips, both Spanish Lavender and Date Palm that have been utilised for their muscle-relaxing, wrinkle-reducing properties. We like to use it at night and blend it just outside the line.
- rms beauty Lip & Skin Balm: We're devotees of this powerful blend of anti-oxidant and vitamin-rich ingredients, which is good enough to eat. In particular, the Propolis Extract and Centella Asiatica Extract are anti-photoaging powerhouses. The only downside? Choosing between the Vanilla or Cocoa flavours, which are equally delicious. We'll take both!
For Sensitive Souls... Our selection of lip balms are good enough to eat, but there is the odd sensitive soul who needs to be careful about what they use - these have been tried and tested by Content's most sensitive customers:
- Amala Soothing Lip Salve: Designed to protect and soothe sensitive lips, this natural lip salve is our go-to for those times when nothing else seems to work! Featuring a deeply hydrating blend of hydrating seed oils, star ingredients are antioxidant rich Marula Seed and Desert Fig Oil – both rich in essential fatty acids to strengthen and protect.
- Hurraw Moon Lip Balm: Suitable for sensitive lips, one of our all time favourite overnight lip treatments – Hurraw Moon Lip Balm features a super-hydrating array of organic ingredients such as vitamin rich Avocado and restorative Argan Oil. For those that find beeswax and shea butter a problem this is ideal as they have formulated without either. This clever balm additionally contains some of nature’s finest natural relaxation-inducing aromatherapeutics to help lull you to sleep as it conditions!
Unisex Lip Balms... Let's be honest: chances are, the special men in your life are probably stealing your lip balm on a daily basis anyway in winter. So why not have them steal these unisex lip balms instead? They're fuss- , shine- and fragrance-free: hence favourites of Content boys #FromTheShopFloor.
- Absolution Le Baume Lip Balm: It's packed with wonderful nourishing and organic ingredients like Omega-3 and -6 rich Perilla oil, Marula Seed Oil - known for its anti-oxidant properties - and Calendula Extract, which creates a natural barrier against external aggressions. Doubles up as a cuticles repair.
- Intelligent Nutrients Organic Lip Delivery Nutrition: Boys love this super emollient combination of organic oils like coconut, castor seed and sunflower which is good enough to eat. Non cakey and non sticky, it feels light on lips yet ultra nourishing too. Softness guaranteed.