“Summertime and the livin’ is easy”- said Gershwin! While sunshine and longer days make us very ‘content’ it also makes us full of energy. In fact, according to Chinese medicine, this is the most ‘yang’ time of the year and is associated with fire. So, before you jet off for your summer holiday, get our natural beauty and wellbeing tips to “light your fire”!
BEAUTY - The turn of the season always calls for a beauty upgrade. For summer, we’re switching to season-specific skincare, meaning that we’re never without mineral-based sunscreens to prevent sun damage. We also stock up on treatments that target uneven skin tone and pigmentation, as well as keeping skin well hydrated. As a night treatment, we’re using the anti-oxidant rich De Mamiel Summer Facial Oil, which is especially formulated to protect skin during the warmer months.
From the perfect tan to the perfect pedicure, get the complete list of summer natural beauty tips below:
- Get The Guide: Tips to the Perfect Tan
- Get Sun-Smart: Our Guide to Protecting Your Skin This Summer
- Get the Guide: Sunless Tanning
- Get The Guide: Organic Skincare Travel Kits to Pack this Summer
- The Life – Get Summer Ready! Follow these tips for reducing the appearance of cellulite
- Get the Guide: Our Favourite Skin Brighteners for Reducing Pigmentation
- Update Your Make-Up Bag
- Prepare for summer: Our Guide to Beach-Ready Natural Nails
- Get The Guide: Organic Mascaras to Suit Every Lash
- Top Tip: Our latest East London crush is the Glasshouse salon. For a summer hair update. We’ve teamed up with them to offer you a special summer treat – a discount code to get 15% off a new Summer style. Simply redeem your discount at Glasshouse quoting the code CONTENT, until the end of August.
WELLBEING - Make the most of this highly regenerating time of the year and boost your wellbeing this summer! A healthy wellbeing-focused holiday will help you find contentment again, but if you’re staying in the city there are plenty of other options to explore. We’ve put together our favourite wellbeing destinations and asked our wellbeing experts to share some of their wisdom to #BeContent. To read them, click on the links below:
- Get the Guide: Yoga in the Air – The Zen of Flying
- Content Ritual: Beam Your Light this Summer
- Get the Guide: Brush Up on Your Body Brushing Technique
- The List: Our Summer Wellbeing Destinations Wish-List
KITCHEN - In Summer we like to stick to light, cool foods. We’ve been stealing some clean eating tips and recipes from some of our favourite healthy foodies. Get them below:
- What Healthy Cookbooks We’re Reading Now
- Get the Recipe: Beetroot Falafel by The Detox Kitchen
- Hemsley + Hemsley share their Sesame Chicken Salad with Cucumber Noodles
- Our Favourite Ways to Prepare Raw Vegetables
- Deliciously Ella’s Quinoa and Hazelnut Recipe
- Three Ways to Supercharge Your Salad Days
- Content Beauty Juice by the Herball
- The Yes Chef’s Avocado and Honey Skin-Glowing Smoothie
- Content Summer Simple Greens Smoothie for Skin
- Our Favourite Summer Coolers Featuring Four Sigma Foods and Sports Herbs
- Sprout Market’s Berry Beautiful Smoothie Recipe
- Abel Organics Recipe for Perfume Infused Ice Tea
WORLD - We’re sure your inbox is swamped with events newsletters about fun things to do which are prone to make you a little confused. So, to make it easier for you, we’ve cherry picked the best events and packaged them into a handy little summer What’s On Guide. Whether you’re into healthy foodie supper clubs or prefer music festivals with a bit of yoga thrown in, you’re spoilt for choice! Check it out what’s on here.