One of our favourite events from August was our evening of colour with Sasha Plavsic, founder of ILIA Beauty. It was not only fun, but also incredibly inspiring to hear how Sasha came to start ILIA. But top of the agenda was Sasha's make-up tips and tricks for working her range of organic make up. We had a fantastic time playing with new colour combinations and experimenting with new ways to use our favourite ILIA products.
ILIA Beauty was founded and created by Sasha Plavsic to make a connection between organic beauty and contemporary fashion. Sasha began her journey as a branding and marketing professional for fashion labels in New York, London and Southern California, before returning to Vancouver and re-connecting with her mother’s passion for organic living and holistic health. It was there, back home that Sasha realized the need for the “re-branding” of organic make-up, new contemporary colours, better packaging and product performance. This led Sasha to develop and launch her own range of organic make-up, ILIA Beauty.
ILIA products are made with up to 85% certified organic ingredients and bioactive botanicals, including Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E, Jojoba Oil and Pomegranate, to protect, nourish and hydrate the skin. The colours are created from minerals, food colours and will soon include fruit colour pigments.
Sasha also revealed that in the pipeline are new products including organic lip glosses, mascara and chubby colour pencils. Keep you eyes peeled for their arrival!
Below are a few make-up tips we picked up from the event and Sasha’s favourite ways to use the ILIA products:
- Sway Illuminate and Bronze can be used as an eye colour and to highlight the brow bone - apply just below blusher to contour the cheekbone on darker skin.
- Dizzy Orange Lip Colour is perfect to use to cancel out blue/plum lip undertones, and to also warm up other ILIA shades like Arabian Nights Berry Lip Conditioner and Bang Bang Red Lip Conditioner.
- Polka Dots and Moonbeams Illuminator can be applied to the inner corners of the eyes to make eyes look more awake and also to the cupids bow for enhanced fullness.
- All ILIA lipsticks have a high concentration of cocoa butter, so are super nourishing.
- A lip-scrub is great for men too!
- Orange blossom, vanilla, and jasmine aromas are balancing and mood elevators.
VIEW ILIA BEAUTY