September was organic month at Content and as part of this celebration of all things organic, we held an in-store skin retreat with Tata Harper. This interactive evening involved learning more about the inspiration behind the Tata Harper Skincare range, followed by a mini facial where we experienced the Tata Harper products, whilst sipping on organic Green Beauty Juices provided by Radiance Cleanse.
Tata Harper Skincare was created and founded by the natural beauty guru, Tata Harper, inspired after discovering the number of toxic additives used in skin products during her step-father’s treatment for cancer. This lead Harper to create her own 100% natural line of organic skincare, working for five years with a team of biologists, botanists, chemists, and aromatherapists from around the world to enable Tata to produce her own proprietary formulations.
All Tata Harper’s products are made on her own farm in Vermont, with 10% of the ingredients used coming directly from her farm. The Tata Harper products can be used by all skin-types, and contain active ingredients which work with the skin to naturally rejuvenate and revive the complexion. All Tata Harper’s products are 100% natural and contain certified organic active ingredients.
Below are a few notes we picked up from the event and Tata’s tips for using her organic skincare products:
- The Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Mist contains natural Hyaluronic Acid to preserve the skin's natural hydration factor and keeps skin moist – perfect to apply whilst traveling, and during the day to brighten and hydrate the skin. It can also be used after applying make-up for a radiant glow. This Hydrating Mist can also improve the appearance of redness and help to decrease pore size due to its high level of antioxidants.
- The Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum is best applied straight after spritzing the face with the Hydrating Floral Mist, then massage gently into the face and neck area – the active ingredients instantly plump the skin therefore making it the perfect base before applying make-up. With 29 active ingredients that work on 3 different forms of collagen, boost firmness and skin density, and a extremely high quality hyaluronic acid which deeply hydrates the lower levels of the epidermis to even out surface texture and aid against further collagen damage.
- The Tata Harper Restorative Eye Cream contains 26 active natural ingredients that visibly firm, help to reduce the appearance of dark circle and fine lines around the eye area (including the upper lid) – for best results, Tata recommends using a pea-sized amount, and then to massage around the eye area in 10 light circular motions, clockwise and anti-clockwise. TIP: If you have any left over eye cream on your hands, it can be used around the lip area to help diminish and smooth fines lines and wrinkles.
- The Tata Harper Replenishing Nutrient Complex is one of Tata's must-have products for adding an instant glow to the skin – this formula contains 18 active natural ingredients, including Alfalfa Extract - high in many essential vitamins, and is easily absorbed. Suitable for all skin types, it acts like a multi-vitamin for the skin, providing essential vitamins and fatty acids. Tata recommends rolling this all over the face in a circular motion and then massaging into the face and neck area to soften and brighten skin – it works especially well for those with oily skin and even those prone to spots as the high vitamin and mineral content balances out the complexion.
- We all enjoyed a relaxing treatment, with the Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask – although we were only able to leave the mask for five minutes, Tata recommended leaving it on the face and neck for at least 25-30 minutes when using at home. Rinse off with a hot muslin cloth (make sure all of the mask is removed and there is no residue left on the skin). Used twice a week, this mask can help to smooth the texture of the skin, reduce pore size and help to hydrate skin deep down where new cells are formed - we all loved it!
- During Winter, Tata does not suffer with any dry skin due to the deeply hydrating formulas in all of the Tata Harper products – the Repairative Moisturiser is especially beneficial for the winter months as it is ultra-hydrating and helps to improve moisture retention, keeping skin looking and feeling soft and plump. For those who normally love a heavier cream, apply the Replenishing Nutrient Complex on top of your moisturiser for an extra layer of protection and nourishment.
- We had a choice of applying Tata Harper Irritability or Stress Treatment at the event – Tata applied our choice of treatment to our pulse points, as well as our hands. Tips fro using these holistic treatments included this relaxation ritual....start by dropping our shoulders to relax, then rub the scent into the palm of your hands.... sit back, bring you palms to cover your face, close our eyes and inhale the uplifting aroma. Tata recommended reapplying on pulse points throughout the day to calm the body and refocus the mind. Formulated by a clinical Aromatherapist these treatments are powerful mood elevators and are perfect for help us cope with day-to-day stress.
Any good beauty regime includes looking after both mind and body. Tata's tips included....
- Calm the mind - try downloading Deepak Chopra guided meditations to your phone or iPod and listen to these whilst traveling or walking, to centre and calm your mind and body. This or similar meditations can be especially useful during times of stress or when anxious feelings arise. Great tip for trying on your daily commute!
- Hydrate - Tata likes to juice when she can, to both keep energy levels up and ensure her body is filled with nutrients. Hydration is also key to keep skin plump and supple – drink lots of water throughout the day including herbal teas.
- Exercise - Kundalini Yoga is also a favourite of Tata’s which she likes to practice back at home (in-between all her travels!) to awaken the body and focus on breathing and movement – perfect to keep energy levels up and improve strength.
- Eat Wise - Nutrition is vital for skin health, Tata likes to supplement her diet to maintain health, including Turmeric for its antioxidants, Omegas for hair, skin and nails, D3 for the mood (plus due to lack of sunlight!) and is a fan or one of our favourite supplement brands New Chapter…