- Create the ideal sleeping space that is quiet, dark and cool.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule
- Stop using digital media 1 hour before bedtime
- If you use caffeine stop ingesting it 4 hours before bedtime
- Relax before bed with a ritual like: reading, a hot bath or a cup of herbal tea
4. De-Stress - Take steps to manage stress. I start every day with a variety of yoga, circuit training, weightlifting &/or meditation. Mixing up my morning practice keeps my routine fresh and helps me fit it all into busy weeks without adding more stress! Other stress reducing activities I relish are deep tissue massage, steaming and acupuncture. Each of these activities minimize stress and reduces the release of stress hormones that worsen conditions like inflammation, chronic illness and various skin conditions.
5. Lymphatic Facial Massage - This is my most treasured beauty secret. I perform this simple ritual every evening when I remove my makeup with VAPOUR ORGANIC COSMETIC'S CLARITY Cleansing Oil and Make Up Remover. Lymphatic facial massage will noticeably change the appearance of your complexion. It improves skins appearance from the inside out by helping stimulate fibroblasts to release collagen and restore skin elasticity, tone and texture. Lymphatic facial massage removes toxins, increases oxygen and nutrient to flow to the skin, and reduces inflammation & puffiness.
- The key is to open the lymph pathways that drain fluid from the face before massaging the face. To begin gently stroke downward from in front of your ears, down neck to collar bone several times.
- Begin stroking gently from the center of your forehead at the hairline outward to temples and down in front of your ears. Then stroke down your neck to the collarbone.
- Continue the same series of motion out and down from: center of forehead, center of eyebrows, bridge of nose, tip of nose, above lips and finally your chin and jaw line.