Spring is all about reinvention, especially in the lipstick department. So, why not brighten up your natural beauty palette for Spring? Swap your usual nude lipstick for on-trend pinks and purples, which will have an instant mood-lifting effect. These #ContentApproved oh-so-pretty organic lipstick shades will have you turning heads all through the warmer months. Pucker up!
PINK – Enhance your girly side and get pretty in pink with these beautiful shades on the pink end of the spectrum.
1. Tata Harper Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tint in Very Charming: If it’s a volumising lip product you’re after, this one is for you! Packed with nourishing and softening minerals including Spanish Lavender, it plumps lips and dresses them in the perfect shade of petal. Can be blended on cheeks and lips, donning a natural and youthful flush.
2. ILIA Lip Conditioner in Blossom Lady: This iconic shade is a muted pink that anyone can wear on a daily basis. Universally flattering, it gives off demure vibes. So whether you’re an innocent lady at heart or would like to play the part, it will ‘soften’ both your look and your lips, thanks to nourishing jojoba oil and coconut butter.
3. rms beauty Lip Shine in Bloom: Like a natural ‘glossy’ lip? Go for this. It’s creamy and hydrating (thanks to Moringa Oil) with a subtle hint of shimmer. The youthful, rosy pink comes very close to a pinky nude shade, so it’s extremely wearable. You can tone it down or play it up with other lip shines to change the intensity. We love!
4. Vapour Organic Beauty Siren Lipstick in Au Pair: The conditioning, botanical-infused formula is a winner when it comes to protecting lips from environmental assault and moisture loss. Add to that a delicious scent and highly pigmented glossy colour in a velvety berry shade - and we’re sold.
5. Kjaer Weis Lip Tint in Rapture: We’re loving this brand new Kjaer Weis lip tint for Spring 2015! A punchy and pigmented fuschia, it looks great with a ‘barely there’ look as it instantly brightens up the face. It has a creamy texture, so apply it with fingers for a stained look or intensify using a lip brush. Looks great on light and darker skin tones alike. Standby for its arrival this later this week!
PURPLE – You needn't be a beauty chameleon to rock these very flattering and modern shades of purple. Trust us – you’ll thank us later!
6. rms beauty Lip Shine in Royal: Just came back from a holiday or have dark skin tone? We are jealous as this colour looks super cool on you. If you’ve got it, flaunt it! Just swipe this on lips using fingers to add the perfect pop of purple to lips, with a soft pink base. We’re fans of the buildable colour and ingredients: it’s packed with Moringa Oil, which is dense with nutrients and anti-oxidants to keep lips nourished.
7. ILIA Beauty Lipstick in Around the World: We know, we know, purple doesn't scream ‘wearable’. But this brand new light purple shade by Ilia proved us wrong! It is universally flattering and adds a great contemporary pop of colour on lips with a semi-matte finish.
8. Kjaer Weis Lip Tint in Amazed: In Kirsten Kjaer Weis’ words: this shade is an editorial ‘funky’ lilac. Packed with beeswax and jojoba seed oil, it keeps lips moisturised and gives them a modern, semi-shiny finish. Although it may look daring in the case, it’s rather sheer and we’re actually ‘amazed’ at how flattering it is on all skin tones. Standby for its arrival this later this week!