As Beauty & Wellbeing Director of Psychologies Magazine, it's fair to say that Eminé Ali Rushton has tried and tested her fair share of natural beauty products. If you're a fan like us, you'll no doubt have spotted some of your own beauty cabinet staples on her pages - for Eminé is a fellow natural beauty advocate with fabulous taste too! So of course, we couldn't turn down the opportunity to quiz her on her current favourites, in celebration of her new book The Body Balance Diet Plan (Watkins).
As someone with over 10 years’ experience in the beauty and wellbeing industry, you must have picked up some great advice and tips along the way. What would is your favourite beauty tip?
Too much is worse than too little. I occasionally get these ‘I need to ramp up my routine’ ideas and within weeks of adding in new peels, serums, masks, primers etc, I am breaking out left right & centre and my face is completely confused! When that happens I always go back to a simple oil, such as MV Organic Skincare Daily Soother Booster.How do you like to unwind? Are there particular products or ‘rituals’ products you like to use?
I don’t think there’s a more powerful de-stressing product on the market than Therapie Himalayan Detox Salts. My God, it’s INCREDIBLE. I have the best night’s sleep after bathing in this.What are you using now?
- I’ve tried a lot of Grown Alchemist products recently, and their Gentle Gel Cleanser and tonic are up there in my all-time natural favourites.
- I love the ILIA Beauty Multi-Sticks and the ILIA Tinted Moisturiser is good too as it's a very very subtle tint, but also a good SPF in a natural formula.
- I adore rms beauty for make-up. I love the rms beauty Buriti Bronzer.
- LIHA Idan Oil - I am OBSESSED. Onto my second bottle and my skin has never been softer the smell and results have me hooked!
- I also really like S5 as a brand, and their masks are my SOS treatments – particularly the gentle marine enzyme Vitality Mask, which is a non-irritating but visibly brightening treatment peel.
- de Mamiel Brightening Cleanser & Exfoliate – A new find, it's really great after smoggy city days, skin feels deep-cleansed and visibly bright.
- Aurelia Cell Revitalise Rose Mask – When skin is dehydrated or over-exposed to the elements, this brings it back to comfort and softness.
- I’m also a huge fan of Oskia, their Renaissance Cleansing Gel is the only gel I’ve used and loved (because it feels so hydrating) and their Renaissance Mask is a go-to whenever I need to shift dead skin cells gently.
- Intelligent Nutrients Bug Repellent Serum is a new genius find. I use it whenever I travel to Cyprus in the summer with my family.