If you missed our latest #ContentBeauty guide we've dedicated this one to the boys. So whether you’re a guy yourself interested in adding more to your face wash than an occasional rinse and go or a girl sick of your boyfriend stealing your skincare (hear that boys, we know you do it!), we’ve asked our adopted Content male, resident cosmetologist, pharmacist and botany expert Pedro Catala to reveal his organic skincare favourites for some inspiration.
FOR THE FACE
- Ren Skincare Tamanu High Glide Shaving Oil: My least favourite grooming moment is shaving, however, since I’ve started using this product shaving is less traumatic and much easier. The added bonus of this shaving oil is that it contains bisabolol which soothes and reduces irritation - genius! This is an essential for other men like me who prefer a closer shave.
- Amala Brightening Face Polish: I love this well-balanced mix of ingredients for an effective facial exfoliation. I tend to alternate this with Dr Alkaitis' Organic Enzyme Exfoliating Mask for when I need a deeper exfoliation.
- Twelve Ideal Moisture Level Serum: Skin needs change according to the weather and during the cooler months I switch my pore-minimiser serum (Ideal Rebalancing Level Serum) for this hydro-wonder one to boost the levels of hydration on my skin morning and evening.
- Lina Hanson Global Face Serum: I am a big fan of facial oils as they help maintain skin elasticity. When I travel on my botanical trips where I am exposed to different climates and conditions this easily absorbed serum is my ultimate skincare essential. Editors note: .....and Ewan McGregor's we might add!
- Twelve Rapid Eye Treatment: I use this to erase dark circles and bags under the eyes thanks to the combination of natural peptides and antioxidants it contains. I love the rapid 'lifting' effect which has worked to my benefit many times before important meetings or as a pick me up before I go out after a long day in the lab.
- Hurraw! Black Cherry Tinted Lip Balm: This is my guilty secret – we all have one! I know it sounds a bit vain but using this naturally tinted lip balm (which is VERY subtle) lifts my mood instantly, especially on a grey day. Editors note: If you're not one for a subtle tint - the Mint and Coconut are the most popular flavours for men in-store.
FOR THE BODY
- Intelligent Nutrients Harmonic Body Wash: My gym bag must-have...it’s the perfect reward after a hard workout.
- Soapwalla Deodorant Cream: One of the greatest products I have come across, if you are skeptical about natural deodorants this is an absolute star product. It’s super effective even on the days that you are always on the run and has a lasting but not overpowering scent of lavender and peppermint.
- Less Is More Angelroot Volume Spray: My life changing moment (at least in hair care) was when I met the team behind this fabulous brand in Vienna.
- Absolution Les Soin Des Mains Hand Cream: Softens and moisturises without leaving any greasy residue like so many other hand creams on the market do. I have actually had so many compliments on how soft my hands feel!
Men take tips from this as you will!