Regarded as London’s leading organic & natural apothecary, CONTENT was founded in 2008 to provide a home for the new wave of natural and organic beauty. In 2018, CONTENT evolved into a department store for all brands of the future.
Excited by seeking out founders who are creating beautiful things and who are driven by a respect for both planet and people, CONTENT is home to a curated selection of natural and organic beauty brands teamed with an edit of conscious clothing, vintage clothing, recycled and handcrafted jewellery, fairtrade and vegan shoes, books and zero waste living products – making it a destination not just for green beauty fans, but also those seeking to shop their values across categories.
A destination for the curious, those who like to ask questions, support makers and vote for a better world with their choices, CONTENT likes to do things differently - it's how we started back in 2008! Recent initiatives include:
CONTENT Lock-Ins: Brand creators, wellbeing and sustainability experts are accessible through a series of evening events and workshops, helping to revive the lost British institution of the pub lock-in. Rather than the exclusivity of a members' club or VIP event, CONTENT Lock-Ins celebrate the inclusivity of a community, with customer-led themes to provide a space for learning and discovery across a diverse range of topics.
Bye, Bye Perfect: Removing the word perfect from all CONTENT product descriptions on our website since 2017. Why? We think you are good enough just the way you are.
VAT-Free Sanitary Products: Since 2017, we have paid the VAT on sanitary products for all CONTENT customers.
Feminists Don’t Wear Pink: After the pop-up installation was removed from Topshop in 2018, CONTENT donated the window of our Marylebone store to the book publishers so they could continue to celebrate their inspirational book.
CONTENT has been listed in:
- Stella Magazine Top 40 World's Best Beauty Bloggers
- Harper’s Bazaar Top 10 London Spas
- Elle Spain Best Beauty Shops in the World
- The Telegraph Top 10 Best Health and Wellbeing Blogs
- Elle Magazine Top 10 Secret Beauty Address Book
- Vogue’s Secret Address Book
- The Independent Top 3 Beauty Websites
- Best Independent Beauty Store 2016 & 2019 (UK)
- Instyle Magazine Best Eco/Organic Website
- The Telegraph Top 10 Facials
- Natural Beauty Yearbook 2012-2019 - Top 25 Who’s Who in Natural Beauty